"i'm so excited."
"but feelings - feelings are emotions! he was suddenly overwhelmed by the revelation that what makes life worth living is, precisely, the emotions..."
"A girl who liked the sea and owls and dogs and poetry: God heavens! a girl of girls! Then - then she said something about how beauty hurts. 'What!!! You too?' I exclaimed, in effect. 'You know THAT? The pain of beauty? I thought I was the only one.' Whether love was born that night, I cannot certainly say: friendship was."
"What was happening was happening to us both. I believe it is always so, mutual and, at least at first, equally intense, if it is genuinely inloveness. The actual thing - inloveness - requires something like a spark leaping back and forth from one to another become more intense every moment, love building up like a voltage in a coil. Here there is no sound of one hand clapping. Unreciprocate love is something else, not genuine inloveness, I think: perhaps it is infatuation and passion or, perhaps, potential inloveness. I believe that genuine inloveness is rather less comon than the romantic novelists suggest. One who has never been in love might mistake either infatuation or a mixture of affection and sexual attraction for being in love. But when the 'real thing' happens, there is no doubt... A sudden glory."
"'Now and always: The Humoresque means I love you.' All our days whenever we chance to hear it I said those words. Its meaning fixed, I had but to hum a few notes or whistle them for her to know."
"In a letter she spoke of 'the gentle awkward yearning I feel for you, just to touch your face'."
"We talked deeply, not about the already-settled matter of secrets but about justice between lovers and about how to make love endure. What emerged from our talk was nothing less, we believe than the central 'secret' of encuring love: sharing. 'Look, we said, 'what is it that draws two people into closeness and love? Of course it's the mystery of physical attraction, but beyond that it's the things they share!"
"Sometimes we had fights: we were human and had tempers. Usually fights were over nothing: we would be tired or a bit out of touch from being out in the world and apart. Our very closeness was a danger in that we were instantly aware of the slightest danger in that we were instantly aware of the slightest disharmony: a grain of dust that would not affect an alarm clock may throw off a fine watch. A hint of anger or coldness in a voice would shock the other. Outrage would be politely express. Love had been betrayed. Unbelievable disaster had come upon us. Hope was gone, eyes would be averted, and an awful silence would ensue. And yet, in the depths, we knew that if we caught each other's eyes we would laught and it would be over...." and on and on... "Sometimes the silence would become ridiculous and we would both be suppressing a desire to laugh, finally one of us would, uncontrollably, grin: laughter would follow and we would be lovers again. Heaven would follow: reconcilliation, tenderness, joy. Depths and heights."
a little taste of the flowings in and out of my heart...
from one lover to another.
funny but although these are taken from a couple extremely in love...
most relationships could follow...
don't you think?
depth of thinking, feeling, being affected... equity, reciprocation, sharing, sensing, being intensely aware of all that flows around you, joy, reconciliation, persistent love...
imagine if you really loved - i mean really - and really knew how another was to be loved (inloveness or not...)
and funny how Christ wants to be our lover -
anyway, these are quotes from my book... they touch my heart and depths - one must dive so deep to reach.
i LOVE it!
bgirl.
"A girl who liked the sea and owls and dogs and poetry: God heavens! a girl of girls! Then - then she said something about how beauty hurts. 'What!!! You too?' I exclaimed, in effect. 'You know THAT? The pain of beauty? I thought I was the only one.' Whether love was born that night, I cannot certainly say: friendship was."
"What was happening was happening to us both. I believe it is always so, mutual and, at least at first, equally intense, if it is genuinely inloveness. The actual thing - inloveness - requires something like a spark leaping back and forth from one to another become more intense every moment, love building up like a voltage in a coil. Here there is no sound of one hand clapping. Unreciprocate love is something else, not genuine inloveness, I think: perhaps it is infatuation and passion or, perhaps, potential inloveness. I believe that genuine inloveness is rather less comon than the romantic novelists suggest. One who has never been in love might mistake either infatuation or a mixture of affection and sexual attraction for being in love. But when the 'real thing' happens, there is no doubt... A sudden glory."
"'Now and always: The Humoresque means I love you.' All our days whenever we chance to hear it I said those words. Its meaning fixed, I had but to hum a few notes or whistle them for her to know."
"In a letter she spoke of 'the gentle awkward yearning I feel for you, just to touch your face'."
"We talked deeply, not about the already-settled matter of secrets but about justice between lovers and about how to make love endure. What emerged from our talk was nothing less, we believe than the central 'secret' of encuring love: sharing. 'Look, we said, 'what is it that draws two people into closeness and love? Of course it's the mystery of physical attraction, but beyond that it's the things they share!"
"Sometimes we had fights: we were human and had tempers. Usually fights were over nothing: we would be tired or a bit out of touch from being out in the world and apart. Our very closeness was a danger in that we were instantly aware of the slightest danger in that we were instantly aware of the slightest disharmony: a grain of dust that would not affect an alarm clock may throw off a fine watch. A hint of anger or coldness in a voice would shock the other. Outrage would be politely express. Love had been betrayed. Unbelievable disaster had come upon us. Hope was gone, eyes would be averted, and an awful silence would ensue. And yet, in the depths, we knew that if we caught each other's eyes we would laught and it would be over...." and on and on... "Sometimes the silence would become ridiculous and we would both be suppressing a desire to laugh, finally one of us would, uncontrollably, grin: laughter would follow and we would be lovers again. Heaven would follow: reconcilliation, tenderness, joy. Depths and heights."
a little taste of the flowings in and out of my heart...
from one lover to another.
funny but although these are taken from a couple extremely in love...
most relationships could follow...
don't you think?
depth of thinking, feeling, being affected... equity, reciprocation, sharing, sensing, being intensely aware of all that flows around you, joy, reconciliation, persistent love...
imagine if you really loved - i mean really - and really knew how another was to be loved (inloveness or not...)
and funny how Christ wants to be our lover -
anyway, these are quotes from my book... they touch my heart and depths - one must dive so deep to reach.
i LOVE it!
bgirl.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home