Today in Tacoma - Bethany's blog and flickr-photos
To view photos, stop or speed up the slideshow - mouseover above and below the photos for more functionality!

I know I am unable to keep up with my blogging, but I hope you enjoy the photos... I love you.
Please feel free to email me at bleev@sunshineinmypocket.com or post a comment!

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Isaiah 52:1-2

Awake, awake, O Zion, clothe yourself with strength. Put on your garments of splendor, O Jerusalem, the holy city. The uncircumsised and defiled will not enter you again. Shake off your dust; rise up, sit enthroned, O Jerusalem. Free yourself from the chains on your neck, O Captive Daughter of Zion.

A few notes from my latest readings...

2) Rise up from the dust
* An urgent summons - Awake, awake, O Zion.

* Get Dressed - Clothe yourself with strength, Put on garments of splendor. Crushed hopes, discarded dreams. "Do I dare? I failed when I was younger and stronger. I've been unfaithful. Are these still mine?"

* Shake it off - Shake off your dust. An aggressive removal of all that had dirtied and soiled her. The dust of past wounds and failures. The longer we sit in our past and the more we study it, the more we are doomed to repeat it. We MUST shake it off.

* Rise up and Take your Place - Rise up. Sit enthroned, O Jerusalem. The beloved of God is no longer to sit in her past mistakes, abuses and failures. A throne has been prepared for her. A position delegated authority awaits her.

3) The Past is Not Your Future.
* Your Past is Gone. Philippians 3:13-14. You can spend your whole life figuring out why you are messed up and still be messed up once you've figured it out. After all your searching you know the why. But knowing the why does not produce the power to chane. You must know the Who.

* Forget it. Isaiah 54:4. There failures were ever before them. BUt when God spoke to them during this captivity He comforted them and painted a very different picture - one of hope. He wanted them to stir themselves to believe He would once again restore them. God did not say, "I want you to remember your shame and learn from it." He said, "Forget about it because I have." He addressed their fears, admonishing them, "Don't be afraid. I won't let you be shamed, disgraced or humiliated. I won't remind you of your past so don't let anyone else - forget about it."

* More Than We Expect. Isaiah 43:19. God enjoys turning our wastelands into fertile plains. Ephesians 3:20 (one of my faves (: )

* The Choice is Yours. It was HER response to God's directive that determined her destiny. God had already supplied everything she needed to attain her friendom, but she had to act on the message. It had to be mixed with faith. It was now her choice - to believe or remain bound.
Lisa's Journal
I know you feel empty and dry, My child, and this emptying is of Me. I am removing the last of the old, but do not move to the soul. Stay in the spirit. Spring up, O well! Call that well forth. Ask me for rain. Call out for refreshing. You are on the threshold and in need of My strength to put you over. Worship and praise before Me. Let your mind be still. This will be your strength and refreshing. Do not plan out or premeditate but know that I will cause those who have risen up against you to be ashamed and confounded before you. Only do not be afraid nor allow terror to creep in as before, but gird yourself with love and praise. Guard what you hear and say for the enemy longs to sow tares. Be of few words for you will have little to say until I fill your mouth, but soon you will break forth in an overflow.

Out of Control and Loving It. By Lisa Bevere

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home