Today in Tacoma - Bethany's blog and flickr-photos
To view photos, stop or speed up the slideshow - mouseover above and below the photos for more functionality!

I know I am unable to keep up with my blogging, but I hope you enjoy the photos... I love you.
Please feel free to email me at bleev@sunshineinmypocket.com or post a comment!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

it's definitely time for an update...

SO LONG! I know...

There is so much to share I'm not really sure where to start.

Last weekend: Rita Springer.

Guys, it was so amazing. Fully real. Vulnerable. Honest about her difficulties and trials. Joy. Anointed. She speaks with such compassion and tenderness but also with authority. Her story is remarkable. 38 years old. 8 tumors in her uterus in 2000. Insurance doesn't cover surgery. Wait. Wait. 2004.
"Hey Rita, let's you and me - go raise a warrior," says God.

"What?! Do you realize what a risk that is? It's not supposed to be this way - marriage and then babies. I'm gone on the road so many weekends a year, No way!" Rita

"Yeah, let's do it! Let's just risk it all," God.

Surgery. C-Section. Remove tumors. Zimbabwe. Baby's birth. Rita and Justice. She's amazing. She has a passion for worship. True worship. Her heart is so intuned with the voice of God. She trusts it. They have intimacy.

I long for it.

Friends.Michelle Olson. Michelle and I rode together to Portland last weekend and we had the best time ever. Hours in the car getting to know each other. Spending the night with the Mocks. Man, I was so blessed by her. On the way back on Sunday we had some great conversation - debriefing our time with Rita and just talking about scripture. I loved it!! Digging in and studying, talking, revelation. So much joy!! So fun.... and beyond that I was planning on going on a date with her TWIN brother Tuesday (last night)...

Monday.
Dinner with the Gentiles. Coffee/Birthday for Julie at the Mandolin Cafe. Omigoodness that place is SO CUTE! Great coffee, teas, wireless internet, fireplace... SO fun!! And just to celebrate Julie was a blast. I miss her friendship and after conversation last night - I realize what a Jesus thing that we met so many years ago. Lovely!

Tuesday.
Dinner and a date. So I went ice skating last night with Matt. I had never gone and it was pretty fun! I fell once, but it was still fun!! We ended up eating downtown Seattle on the waterfront. Waterfront Seafood Grille. GOOD food and a salesman for a waiter. Going on dates definitely make me think... I talked with a friend this morning and he was telling me that he thinks I will end up marrying an adventurous guy. My heart is totally for it. It makes me happy. I'm excited.

A new job?
Okay, maybe not this time, but it was another good try. If you don't know, I applied for a position at Boeing. It didn't work out but it definitely made me think. My heart longs to trust Jesus voice. I know that I heard him a lot during this time of - applying/interviewing - but I noticed there is a part of me that simply does not trust his voice. I'm afraid. That he'll ask too much. That he'll not come through or my "way is better". I want to trust him in this job deal and calling. I do. I do. Jesus you have promised good things. You have a good plan.

Hospital.

Tonight I'm going to the hospital with my small group. We're volunteering with Julie at Mary Bridge... Manicures and pedicures. Oooh! I'm SO excited. I love it.

Alright.... there's probably more, but that's that for today.

Hey... You're great! I'm glad you're my friend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home