Today in Tacoma - Bethany's blog and flickr-photos
To view photos, stop or speed up the slideshow - mouseover above and below the photos for more functionality!

I know I am unable to keep up with my blogging, but I hope you enjoy the photos... I love you.
Please feel free to email me at bleev@sunshineinmypocket.com or post a comment!

Sunday, October 23, 2005

sunny and cloudy

It's been such a relaxing weekend!

Friday.
Dinner with my friend Lindsey. We went to El Toro for some Mexican! Yummy. We always have a great time catching up. I enjoy hearing about her life and what Jesus is doing. She is amazing. For months now she has been persevering trying to find a job. I can't believe it. She continues to show me her strength as she mourns the loss of her mother months ago.

I ended up renting a couple of movies for the weekend but haven't finished either of them... The first is the Secret Garden, which I may finish today... and the second is a documentary, Born into Brothels. Intense. I started watching it late last night... A lady is documenting life in Calcutta - and she of course comes in contact with the children. She begins teaching them photography. It makes my heart burst, seriously. You've got to watch it. There is some pretty outrageous language - especially towards the children, but if you can get past it, it is incredible.

So Jackie Sprinkle came over on Friday night. We haven't hung out for quite awhile... And we were able to discuss friendship and how come we havne't hung out in awhile... why they seem so difficult to maintain... (and neither of us have felt this difficulty in the past)... anyway, we had some great conversation and decided we needed a weekend away... So on her first weekend off in November we are heading to Rosario Resort and Spa. Woohoo!! We found the best deal ever. It's in the San Juan Islands on Orcas Island. I can't wait!! It makes me want to squeal a little just thinking about it!

Saturday.
A restful morning. Took Tricia to the airport (her sister in CA had a baby) and came home to enjoy SUNSHINE!! It was absoultely beautiful yesterday. I had the windows and door wide open welcoming in the warmth and the light - I balanced my checkbook, went to the grocery store, took a nap... and ended up at Jackie's house watching my favorite (one of them) - Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Oh, I forgot. Originally I had planned on going to the UW, USC game in Seattle but couldn't find any girls who were interested in going... I guess the game was fun but they lost. (UW) Last evening I went to Peter, Shane, Erik, Will, and Sean's house.... They had a rootbeer kegger. Super fun. You should see the wild life they have in their house! 2 camelions - Brody and Gidget, 1 Bird - Jezy - lots of fish and frogs. They're fabulous. And these guys are great. I love being around them.

Sunday.
Well today the clouds have arrived. For how long? I'm afraid to check the weather. UGH. Plus we will be setting the clocks forward and although there will be an "extra" hour of sleep... we will be losing an hour of precious daylight. How depressing!

Tonight we are having Live at the Rialto... I'm sure it's going to be awesome... I will be in the nursery - which I can't wait to see the babies. I hope my headache is gone so I can enjoy them... makes me happy.

Anyway, I miss you guys and hope to visit soon. (wherever you are)

Love you much...
Bethany

1 Comments:

Blogger Tiffani P said...

yes!!!! visit soon. love, tiff

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home