Intercession.
So last night we had prayer with our Jesus Ministry 1 class. Chris Hippe (my manager) leads it and it was incredible. We focued on intercession and it reminded me of nights spent in Snyder with prayer led by Scotty. SO good. It was so challenging and heart-softening to cry out for different groups/people and their salvation/restoration. Chris led us into an incredible time of compassion. It was intense. And SO refreshing to simply cry out together. He asked us to think of a group or a type of person and then just pray for them - and get rid of any three strongholds that have a place in their lives. One prayer which my heart voiced was for those who are bound by their "secrets". If you haven't read Tiffani's post regarding the song, "Dirty Little Secrets", you should. It's intense. It has been on my heart now since she first posted it. Initially, I thought about how much shame covers and labels the entire world. The fact that the song is labeled, "Dirty" says enough. It breaks my heart when I think about the intensity of turmoil that is in the heart of the "shameful" one. Such agony over their committed action/or action committed toward them. Rejection. Self hatred. Fear. Anxiety and worry. Hiding. I must stay hidden. If I come into the light, I will for sure be rejected. No one will love me. I hate myself. How could something like this happen to me? I must maintain my appearance. Trying to be in control of how people perceive you. My question, like Tiffani's is - even though your secret is known to the world (via the blog, song, etc), Is there relief? Is there healing for your heart? Is the heavy burden you bear lifted? My assumption is that it is not. I assume there is a momentary release. But afterwards, I wonder if the turmoil remains. For only Jesus is the true answer to shame and the darkness you hide.
I prayed to the LORD, and he answered me, freeing me from all my fears. Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces. Psalm 34:4-5.
Perhaps you don't even remember what it was like to live without shame. The freedom from fear. The freedom of acceptance. The joy. The life. It is for you.
And so my declaration for Tacoma is that Jesus' light would sweep through the city. Faces would no longer be hidden. Such burdens would be lifted. There will be joy. Radiance. Shiny-ness! Lots of it! There will be trust.
Amen?
I prayed to the LORD, and he answered me, freeing me from all my fears. Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces. Psalm 34:4-5.
Perhaps you don't even remember what it was like to live without shame. The freedom from fear. The freedom of acceptance. The joy. The life. It is for you.
And so my declaration for Tacoma is that Jesus' light would sweep through the city. Faces would no longer be hidden. Such burdens would be lifted. There will be joy. Radiance. Shiny-ness! Lots of it! There will be trust.
Amen?
2 Comments:
Amen.
I am continually filled with joy as you grow in depth and love with the Lord and as that moves you to an outward focus of love to others.
TR
bunz aw my friend i miss you!
thanks so much for this post, i had been thinking alot on the one that tiffani did on that... so good, and challenging it's just been churning in my mind lately as i read some of the posts on that blog. it's amazing how it stirs up something so much deeper in my own heart and has really made me think this week and see situations differently. Thanks for your heart, and your thoughts and challenges! I miss you alot!
Jods
Post a Comment
<< Home