Today in Tacoma - Bethany's blog and flickr-photos
To view photos, stop or speed up the slideshow - mouseover above and below the photos for more functionality!

I know I am unable to keep up with my blogging, but I hope you enjoy the photos... I love you.
Please feel free to email me at bleev@sunshineinmypocket.com or post a comment!

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Your life: Jesus' Commission.

The Great Commission
Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

The Year of the LORD's Favor
The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners.

That's the deal. Straight up. How do you live His Commission?

Well this week I had the opportunity to meet some new friends from Harpenden - a YWAM base in England. Jennifer is the first. A beautiful gal whom we prayed for on Thursday night. Such a bright spirit and has a voice to move mountains. Jesus is going to use her tremendously to minister to so many women. It was one of my first "official" prayer times, but wow. Jesus spoke and brought so much to the time. It was seriously amazing. It was fun to see her again at church tonight and join beside her. These men and women have given their lives away and are literally touching the nations as His hands and feet. I love it. I can't believe that the nations are just a normal part of their lifestyle. WOW! Tonight I met Pauline. An older lady - I believe in her 60s. She's in YWAM. She works at Harpenden doing lots of things. Ministry, serving, listening, administering. There is really room for everyone. I was fully inspired. Seriously, if you're older - and you think you have nothing to give. It's a lie, straight from the mouth of Satan. This woman was on fire! She shared her story to me. So inspiring. Oh to sit at her feet. She said, "I look forward to the day I will lead you around the oval" - The Harpenden base. LOL. I was SO excited. I would LOVE to go there... She was just amazing.

I have to tell you about another fun opportunity... My friend, Jackie and I have been so excited about Restore International. I don't know if you remember me writing about it before. But it is amazing. Rescues children from becoming prostitutes in India. Blow me away. Anyway, one of the head guys is in association with New Song/Clover (our churches) and they lead teams over there... Well, a gal here at New Song may be leading a team of women there THIS SPRING. Omigosh. I can't tell you how excited I am. After seeing the movie, Born into Brothels, my heart was stirred and something was born. Ahh! I love it. (The images from that movie are below - that collage I am making). Anyway.... my heart is on fire. (:

I am having a hard time with other things... Work, roommate stuff. I need to investigate. Oh, Jesus, show me my heart. Pressing on.

Alright, it's another week of victory! Be blessed!

-Bethany

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home