Today in Tacoma - Bethany's blog and flickr-photos
To view photos, stop or speed up the slideshow - mouseover above and below the photos for more functionality!

I know I am unable to keep up with my blogging, but I hope you enjoy the photos... I love you.
Please feel free to email me at bleev@sunshineinmypocket.com or post a comment!

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Desperate.

I don't understand your ways
Oh but I will give you my song
give you all of my praise
you hold on to all my pain
with it you are pulling me closer
and pulling me into your ways

Now around every corner
up every mountain
I'm not looking for crowns
or water from fountains
I'm desperate in seeking, frantic believing
that the sight of your face
is all that I'm needing
I will say to you

Its gonna be worth it,
Its gonna be worth it all,
I believe this.
Its gonna be worth it,
Its gonna be worth it all,
I believe this.
Rita Springer

I absolutely love this song. Today I was listening to it on the way to work and a couple lines struck my heart so deeply.

I'm desperate in seeking, frantic believing
that the sight of your face
is all that I'm needing

Desperate in seeking, frantic believing. When was the last time you felt so desperate almost frantic - trying to find or hold on to something. Perhaps it was amidst a crisis, searching for something solid to hope in. Perhaps it was in leaving a loved one. Perhaps it was a quiet night in the solitude of your room. Perhaps it was out of fear and confusion. Now be affected with me. Take that desperation and frantic emotion/longing and project that toward Jesus. Does your heart emanate that longing for Him? And imagine him filling that longing perfectly. Imagine a confidence that Jesus - that as you seek him and fully believe in him - he will be worth it all. You will find that he perfectly fits all that you are seeking and believing for. I love it. I think it resonates so deeply because I know - I remember times of desperation, almsot frantically seeking/trying to hold onto something. And oh the joy and confidence and hope that I have when projecting that toward Jesus. I love it.

And oh how He doesn't disappoint. After letting go from whatever you've held so desperately onto - because you're too exhausted to hold on any longer - He doesn't disappear or slowly fade away... he holds you and sustains you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that song too. Thanks for bringing it back to my memory. Unfortunately I can't go listen to it since I left that cd in America. I loved the way you explained the song. You really encouraged me. Thanks Bethany!

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home