new revelations!
(an excerpt from an email)
I'm SOOO excited because I noticed that I have started living - REALLY living in belief of truth. I know that I've known it for(everrrrr) a long time, but it's really started playing out in my everyday experiences. I think it started when I began reading that book, Future Grace. But just an understanding and finally a BELIEF in God's goodness. That he is NOT withholding from me and that loves me. Further Romans 8:32. If God loved his son infinitely but yet sacrificed Him, wouldn't he give us all good things? That's the deal. The easy part is loving his children and having goodness for us. Anyway, I LOVE it. I've been expecting good things, instead of disappointment, difficulties, pain, trials (yes I know they exist and i'm not perfect) - and he has been fulfilling it! Beyond that I have a joy and peace - (more than just my personality) than I have had in my entire life. It has been incredible. It's just so neat, because I remember times when I used to be so depressed and overwhelmed by self hatred. Hopeless. Thinking my heart was so bad. It's amazing what a change it makes to truly live by who God says he is and I am. It's seriously a completeeeeeely different view of life. I've never been here before. I've always lived as if everything weighed on my shoulders - my performance and "perfection"... Anyway, It's awesome and seems like such a "treat". I've also had another revelation recently. I was wanting to write about it on my blog... Well - several times now, I have had some really great conversations with my friend Tiffani. Nothing abnormal or outside our usual talks about Jesus and the Word. But I realized how passionate I am about learning from others - learning about what Jesus is revealing to people in the word - diving in - I get SO excited when I hear what Jesus is teaching her - and the way she teaches it is so informal and yet so powerful - and humble (yes! completely marked by humility) - Well, since our last conversation a couple weeks ago, I have wondered, "How come when I read the word I don't always get as excited or have clear understanding - or come away as if I'd just talked to a friend about the same topic?" Welllllll.... Jesus answered over a period of days that I need to let these writers be my teachers. Let them speak as if I were having a conversation with them. Take it as if they are sharing what they are learning and like they are retelling the experiences they've had... And so I tried it out... With one of David's final passages in Samuel. Whoa. It was powerful. I loved it. It's like becoming his friend - Really listening to what he is telling me. What is his story and experience with God? Who is God to him? What did he learn from his own experiences? Etc, etc... Sooooo powerful!
Ohh man... so last night we went to see the David Crowder/Shane & Shane concert! SOOO good!
(another email excerpt)
So last night I went to the best concert ever. It was Shane and Shane and David Crowder band. (DC has a new cd out and it's awesome - YOU have got to pick it up!!). It was so FILLED with Jesus that I was almost overwhelmed. It was like a blanket. So, Shane and Shane were incredible - they have been singing together for so long that it just seemed like nothing for them. Just able to worship effortlessly. Something happened when they were singing - amidst all the people, the music, noise, the HEAT - Jesus came booming into my heart - speaking truth and intimate things. It was like "melting" or "foot popping" (princess diaries) - when you're in loveeeeee... It was SO awesome and his voice was so clear. Being romanced by the King. And then David was WHOA blow me away. He's just so raw. He tears out all religion and brings a power and rush of Jesus in. Makes me excited.
Another thing!!!
Look at the lyrics to this DC song - it's an older one, but I LOVE it. I love the way creation sings praise to our king. It magnifies him and his glory at all times. I want to radiate that beauty, that glory. Anyway, I LOVE them.
Make a joyful noise to the Lord
All the earth
Make a joyful noise to the Lord
All the earth
The flowers of the field
Are cry'n to be heard
The trees of the forest
Are singing
And all of the mountains
With one voice
Are joining the chorus of this world
And I will not be silent
I will not be quiet anymore
Running through the forest
Dive into the lake
Bare feet on beaches white
Standing in the canyon
Painted hills around
The wind against my skin
Every ocean
Every sea
Every river
Every stream
Every mountain
Every tree
Every blade of grass will sing
I'm SOOO excited because I noticed that I have started living - REALLY living in belief of truth. I know that I've known it for(everrrrr) a long time, but it's really started playing out in my everyday experiences. I think it started when I began reading that book, Future Grace. But just an understanding and finally a BELIEF in God's goodness. That he is NOT withholding from me and that loves me. Further Romans 8:32. If God loved his son infinitely but yet sacrificed Him, wouldn't he give us all good things? That's the deal. The easy part is loving his children and having goodness for us. Anyway, I LOVE it. I've been expecting good things, instead of disappointment, difficulties, pain, trials (yes I know they exist and i'm not perfect) - and he has been fulfilling it! Beyond that I have a joy and peace - (more than just my personality) than I have had in my entire life. It has been incredible. It's just so neat, because I remember times when I used to be so depressed and overwhelmed by self hatred. Hopeless. Thinking my heart was so bad. It's amazing what a change it makes to truly live by who God says he is and I am. It's seriously a completeeeeeely different view of life. I've never been here before. I've always lived as if everything weighed on my shoulders - my performance and "perfection"... Anyway, It's awesome and seems like such a "treat". I've also had another revelation recently. I was wanting to write about it on my blog... Well - several times now, I have had some really great conversations with my friend Tiffani. Nothing abnormal or outside our usual talks about Jesus and the Word. But I realized how passionate I am about learning from others - learning about what Jesus is revealing to people in the word - diving in - I get SO excited when I hear what Jesus is teaching her - and the way she teaches it is so informal and yet so powerful - and humble (yes! completely marked by humility) - Well, since our last conversation a couple weeks ago, I have wondered, "How come when I read the word I don't always get as excited or have clear understanding - or come away as if I'd just talked to a friend about the same topic?" Welllllll.... Jesus answered over a period of days that I need to let these writers be my teachers. Let them speak as if I were having a conversation with them. Take it as if they are sharing what they are learning and like they are retelling the experiences they've had... And so I tried it out... With one of David's final passages in Samuel. Whoa. It was powerful. I loved it. It's like becoming his friend - Really listening to what he is telling me. What is his story and experience with God? Who is God to him? What did he learn from his own experiences? Etc, etc... Sooooo powerful!
Ohh man... so last night we went to see the David Crowder/Shane & Shane concert! SOOO good!
(another email excerpt)
So last night I went to the best concert ever. It was Shane and Shane and David Crowder band. (DC has a new cd out and it's awesome - YOU have got to pick it up!!). It was so FILLED with Jesus that I was almost overwhelmed. It was like a blanket. So, Shane and Shane were incredible - they have been singing together for so long that it just seemed like nothing for them. Just able to worship effortlessly. Something happened when they were singing - amidst all the people, the music, noise, the HEAT - Jesus came booming into my heart - speaking truth and intimate things. It was like "melting" or "foot popping" (princess diaries) - when you're in loveeeeee... It was SO awesome and his voice was so clear. Being romanced by the King. And then David was WHOA blow me away. He's just so raw. He tears out all religion and brings a power and rush of Jesus in. Makes me excited.
Another thing!!!
Look at the lyrics to this DC song - it's an older one, but I LOVE it. I love the way creation sings praise to our king. It magnifies him and his glory at all times. I want to radiate that beauty, that glory. Anyway, I LOVE them.
Make a joyful noise to the Lord
All the earth
Make a joyful noise to the Lord
All the earth
The flowers of the field
Are cry'n to be heard
The trees of the forest
Are singing
And all of the mountains
With one voice
Are joining the chorus of this world
And I will not be silent
I will not be quiet anymore
Running through the forest
Dive into the lake
Bare feet on beaches white
Standing in the canyon
Painted hills around
The wind against my skin
Every ocean
Every sea
Every river
Every stream
Every mountain
Every tree
Every blade of grass will sing
1 Comments:
bunz i just realized i want to tell you when we were talkin today how good this entry was.. just so opened and honest, I see Christ so much in you my friend! such a light! thanks for sharing
It's a blessing to get to be a part of your life, and just a part of your journey! i'm praying for you, for you to feel rested and well tomorrow! I'll talk to you soon! hope you have a great night at church!
love you lots
jodi
Post a Comment
<< Home