Today in Tacoma - Bethany's blog and flickr-photos
To view photos, stop or speed up the slideshow - mouseover above and below the photos for more functionality!

I know I am unable to keep up with my blogging, but I hope you enjoy the photos... I love you.
Please feel free to email me at bleev@sunshineinmypocket.com or post a comment!

Sunday, December 18, 2005

4 hours.

2 capsules + 15 squirts of Chloroseptic = four hours of sleep.

Ack! That is the formula if you need to catch some zzz's and you have strep throat and an earache in each of your ears. Gross, I know. But that's what has kept me down since Thursday night. It's Sunday now AND I have penicillin. The lady who looked at me with sympathetic eyes said that it should start working here pretty quickly... That was about 30 hours ago and I still feel crummy.

Last week I was at a "finance" seminar with our insurance company, Universal Underwriters. Maybe you're wondering, "What the heck is that?" It's our Finance and Insurance group at Parkland Chevrolet. My dad says it's that area in the dealership that just wants your money and has a lot of stuff you don't need... The seminar was basically a class on selling product. The use of scripts, a positive attitude, and knowledge to properly inform customers and thus produce sales. It wasn't as bad as I had preassumed. I definitely wasn't looking forward to it - and I apologize for the frequent - preseimar complaining. I had a pretty good time, made some friends, and learned the some things... It was very similar to the training Chris went to last summer (selling appointments into the dealership)... Scripts, attitude. The deal is - it's a lot easier than what it appears. Not as much selling - just guiding the customers and seriously with all the information about the product (I didn't learn much) they seem reputable. I think I would definitely purchase a service contract as well as GAP coverage. (Melis, did you purchase these things when you bought your car?) Anyway, it turned out well and I am thankful for the further training in relating to people in the business world. I also realized how important it is to conquer the fear and anxiety in your life. It will get you no where in this high paced business world. It will rob you of confidence, joy, and you'll just end up sick.

(: Anyway, outside of myself... life has been pretty busy around here! My roommates have been scurrying to parties left and right!!! The Mocks had a party upstairs last night... In fact a lot of people from New Song had Christmas parties this weekend... Sadly, I miss them all... ):

Tonight I stumbled upon Kate McDonald's blog. She's an incredible writer. Did you know I loveee people who write well. http://katemcdonald.blogspot.com/ You can get to her blog there... She is very insightful and introspective... Oh! I discovered from her blog that Shawn McDonald takes photos. Very cool. I love it.

Alright, I'm hoppin' off to read... I'm not going to work tomorrow. Pray that I can sleep and that the magic of Nyquil will be infinite... (; Well, last a bit longer.

Love you!
B

2 Comments:

Blogger Tiffani P said...

do you have a shawn mcdonald CD? I don't know that I had heard of him. do you know this gal, or was this whole thing pretty random - and she's married to the musician Shawn and SISTERs with bethany dillon? crazy.
OK, hope you're feeling better. I love you!
Tiff

4:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I correctly diagnosed you!!! YAY!!! Hope you get to feeling better! And yes, I did get GAP coverage...well, actually, I think I did. We were already pretty tight on the cost of the car, so I wasn't too into extra costs.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home