Today in Tacoma - Bethany's blog and flickr-photos
To view photos, stop or speed up the slideshow - mouseover above and below the photos for more functionality!

I know I am unable to keep up with my blogging, but I hope you enjoy the photos... I love you.
Please feel free to email me at bleev@sunshineinmypocket.com or post a comment!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

readings and learnings...

Last night I went over to the Proctor Street house for worship and teaching... It was so stirring. Amazing!! Jesus was so present among us. We talked about WORSHIP. In Greek the word for worship is "proskuneo" and when literally translated is to/toward + to kiss. Isn't that so intimate! I love it. And so we talked about the act of kissing - How it is sacred, there is trust, purity, etc... And thus transferring those attributes to WORSHIP with Jesus. Wow. Some powerful stuff there. And it's interesting when you think about all that separates and distracts us during times of WORSHIPping in the King. I know there have been few true and pure times of worship lately in my own time with Jesus, but OH how my heart yearns for it. My spiritual stomach is begging for it... On a more "practical" note hehe... We also learned about music! Notes, Keys, figuring out majors and minors *eeeeee!* I knew nothing about music but now I do!! It's kind of exciting and a bit inspiring! (: I ii iii IV V vi vii - those are majors and minors for a major key. (: Hehehe. It seems to be logical which fits quite nicely into my brain.

I also wanted to share some readings for My Utmost for His Highest. I've been trying to catch the daily read but haven't always been on time! Last night we talked about the story of the lady who cleaned Jesus feet with her tears and kept kissing them over and over... What a genuine act of worship. Last night I also read this entry which is similar. The story is of Mary pouring her bottle of perfume over Jesus. The question is, "Have you ever been carried away for Him?"


Click to enlarge. (:

Man, don't you LOVE that?? For so long I have been such a "practical" girl. Let me figure it out - make it nice and neat for you and that's my worship, that's my heart for you... That's how I live - a pretty life. Ugh. Oh Jesus, transform my mind, my hands and feet. I want to go overboard for You. Oh how my heart longs to escape this world of rules and structure - and run undignified into Him..... more later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home