Today in Tacoma - Bethany's blog and flickr-photos
To view photos, stop or speed up the slideshow - mouseover above and below the photos for more functionality!

I know I am unable to keep up with my blogging, but I hope you enjoy the photos... I love you.
Please feel free to email me at bleev@sunshineinmypocket.com or post a comment!

Friday, February 03, 2006

Say Goodbye

Joy Williams.
I saw you today
My familiar stranger
Everything's changed
You have come so far
You're different now
Would you go back, would you want to anyhow

Say goodbye, say goodbye
To the you I knew before
Say hello, say hello to a new beginning
Say goodbye, say goodbye
To the you I knew before
This is your genesis

Face to face
The present and past collide
And it's no mistake
I see the future is in your eyes
You seem so free
Like nothing's ever gonna keep you down

You're different now
You're different somehow
You're different now
------------
I had a lot on my mind on the way to work today... Last night at church all the women were together and we were talking about real life FEAR. Gut cry fear. That thing your face - snarling and harassing you. Disappointment, distrust, shame, anger. And I realized that there is still so much fear in my own life. Fear of what you'll think. Fear of rejection. Fear of not measuring up. Fear of being beyond the edges of His grace. Fear of hurting others. Fear of never being approved of... The list goes on... Anyway I felt like I was face to face with my fear, "Face to face - The present and past collide" With the past being all of the days oppressed by fear and the present being a NEW day. And so I rose up. It's a victorious day. Marked by grace. Confidence in my King. Intimacy and a great lavishing of love.

There is future in my eyes. I am free. Fear won't keep me down. I am different now.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Jodi~ said...

i love that cd so much too! It stirs up so much in my heart as i think i've posted about too on my blog. it's not a cd you listen to only for awhile it continues to be one that i find myself thinking on the lyrics of. I think we all have things we want to "say goodbye" to and also to look to the hope and promise knowing we don't have to "hide"-which is such a big thing yet somehow seems more simple than we make it at times.
It makes me think back and yet ahead all in one. "God Only Knows" is another really good one too!
i've enjoyed your blog lots lately :) thanks for sharing your heart! I love you so much
jods

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home