Today in Tacoma - Bethany's blog and flickr-photos
To view photos, stop or speed up the slideshow - mouseover above and below the photos for more functionality!

I know I am unable to keep up with my blogging, but I hope you enjoy the photos... I love you.
Please feel free to email me at bleev@sunshineinmypocket.com or post a comment!

Saturday, December 31, 2005

home!

Yay!

It's SO good to be home... I definitely have a new appreciation and empathy for people who are sick and have to be in the hospital... So the story goes, I was admitted on Thursday morning through the ER - I had been sick for a couple of weeks with strep - and was left with a "bubble in my throat" after the meds were done... The CT Scan showed that I wasn't going crazy and there was a lump in my throat! Below the tonsils and above my voice box! Woohoo... Well it was a crazy three days - back and forth from surgery to no surgery... Finally the ears nose throat doc said we could stick with high-intensity antibiotics (which we discovered I am allergic to) and get this thing kicked... All in all - I have returned home after a couple nights in the hospital and boy am I thankful... It brought such an awareness of how difficult suffering is - and how "not fun" it is to stay in the hospital - especially overnight... I am SO thankful for good friends. My dearie Julie spent the night with me Thursday and Jackie last night... What a blessing... This holiday season has been quite interesting that's for sure!!

I hope YOU all are doing well (: And that you had a great Christmas... It's the new year! Woohoo!! I am anxious to be healthy and excited to get back into a normal routine! Just two weeks until my trip to California! YAY! I can't wait to see my family...

Alright, blessings to you. Love you much!

Bethany

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Jodi~ said...

awww bunz!! I'm so sorry to hear that you were so sick! You poor thing! I'm so glad that you have such great friends there! That had to have been so hard~!
I was gonna call you just a lil bit ago but my battery was low i was just thinkin of you!
I"m so glad you are home! I'm prayin for you and will talk to you soon, call me if ya feel up to talkin~ take care and rest lots!
love you!
Jods
I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Tiffani P said...

I'm sorry you were sick, B! I'm glad you are feeling better, though! My love to you! TR

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home