Today in Tacoma - Bethany's blog and flickr-photos
To view photos, stop or speed up the slideshow - mouseover above and below the photos for more functionality!

I know I am unable to keep up with my blogging, but I hope you enjoy the photos... I love you.
Please feel free to email me at bleev@sunshineinmypocket.com or post a comment!

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Lack of blogging...

My excuse to my mom is: "I don't have a camera!!!" which really is no excuse since blogging doesn't not require photography. But I have to tell you I really do miss it. Sadness. (:

So let's see what's going on in my life... It's been a fun past few weeks! I've been adjusting well to my new position at Parkland Chevrolet... I've met some challenges both business-wise and to my character. Jesus has definitely been showing me where I still deal with performance and striving. I notice my heart being more concerned about my "girls" being at work and doing their job than their individual heart conditions. It makes me sad. I hate that part of me and I cry out to Jesus to change it. He must show up and his Spirit must be present so that he may be glorified through their redemption and rescue. Oh Jesus, that you would remove my heart of practicality and perfection and give me a heart of humility and compassion. It's such a place of desperation. I know that I'm not there and even after crying out every morning for a heart change I realize how engrained these patterns are in my life. I pray that throughout the day that Jesus would captivate my thoughts and bring me back to truth and yet when the "day" happens I find myself so distracted by the enemy and falling into anxiety that I forget my prayer just a few hours earlier. Oh Jesus you would captivate me.

Captivate us, Lord Jesus
Set our eyes on You
Devastate us with Your presence
Falling down
And rushing river, draw us nearer
Holy fountain consume us with You
Captivate us Lord Jesus, with You

Can I tell you how much fun I've been having with some gals from work? Well, I think I told you about Denise - our Little Nickel representative coming with me to the Pantages. We've had a great time getting to know each other and I have loved seeing Jesus work in her heart. Apparently they had a really good time at the Pantages and they'd like to come to New Song again... So perhaps next week we will go out for dinner after church with her two cousins who attend New Song. I am SO excited to see Jesus set her free. Heal her heart. And do miracle work in her marriage. And then there's Crystal!! What a sweet girl!! We've been working with each other a lot recently as she stepped up to do some work with me and also have had the chance to get to know each other better outside of PChev. Last week she and I went shopping together and then she came over and hung out with Tricia and me. What a blast. We dyed her hair and ate ice cream! Yummeeey! Last night we hung out again together. She is housesitting for Brenda (another one of our co-workers) and we spent the night out there... Oh we went to see Take the Lead with Antonio Banderas. Super cute movie. The story line is a ballroom instructor wanting to invest in these "reject" students and so he takes his "lead" and teaches them to dance. It's super cool and one of the songs, "I've Got Rhythm" by Lena Horne is mixed with some hip-hop dance music and it's SO cool. (: It reminded me of when I went dancing and (I don't know how) it was SOO fun. The guy had been before and taught me some dance steps - It was swing... but it made me want to go dancing. Or at least learn how... (:

Today I went over to Jackie Sprinkle's for a "Body Shoppe" party! Very fun. We had foot baths and I bought some brown lipstick. I hope it's nice. (: It was so great to hang out with new people and be refreshed.

Ohh!!! It's EASTER this weekend!! It doesn't feel like it at all. Oh Jesus that you would be celebrated for all that you deserve tomorrow. Thank you for your resurrection over our sin and death. It makes me think of the scene in the Lion Witch and the Wardrobe where Susan and Lucy are crying over him and the mice are chewing the rope where his feet are bound... So sweet and then they are there when he is resurrected in all of his glory. Wow. I love it. His tenderness and then victory when he roars. I love it! (:

Anyway, I think that's all for now... I know there's more but maybe I'll blog again tomorrow. Blessings to you!

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Jodi~ said...

Happy Easter bunz! I hope you had a wonderful day! it was great to talk to you this weekend ! And It was good to read your blog and see a few pics! sorry about your poor camera!:P I love you lots!ttys
Jods

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home