Today in Tacoma - Bethany's blog and flickr-photos
To view photos, stop or speed up the slideshow - mouseover above and below the photos for more functionality!

I know I am unable to keep up with my blogging, but I hope you enjoy the photos... I love you.
Please feel free to email me at bleev@sunshineinmypocket.com or post a comment!

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Thursday.

Wow, it's been a few days since I've written. I haven't turned my computer on at home since Sunday... just in case you were wondering. (: Well, it's been quite the week here in Tacoma... My friend Lindsey's mom passed away on Sunday... and yesterday another friend's dad passed away too. Very emotionally intense, that's for sure. I just haven't really had to deal with death so close. And neither are in my family, but it is still hard. My heart hurts with them and their pain. Funny, all that I have ever learned as a Christian and learning to fight... All of it went "poof" NOthing else mattered and in the moments with LIndsey, particularly, I had no answers. Only a sensitive heart.

On a lighter note, I had an awesome time on Tuesday at Hitch. Guys, that movie is HILARIOUS. YOU have got to see it. Seriously. I was laughing out loud so many times. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD. I may even have to see it again in the theater. Plus the company was a lot of fun too. Traci and Lance came along, as well as a few people from church and my friend, Mandon. It was SO fun. This weekend we're supposed to be hanging out again... Some of us going to Mandon's for a movie. He's got a projector. Just like being at home in the Cole's. *laugh* Anyway, it was FABULOUS.

Last night we had discipleship group and it was also good. Our team is heading out to some particular places of ministry... And I shared with them my idea of blogging for the elderly... We talked about all of our passions and how we love to serve people and everyone agreed to focus on those in nursing homes, or those who are ill, or shut in... I can't wait! So we're doing some research and then will meet back next week... WOOHOO! We just recently started accountability and my partner is Lindsey... So I will miss her these next couple of weeks. However, I am going to hang out with Sarah. She is from my group and I like her a lot too!! We're planning on meet on Saturday.. Sunday we are starting two services at New Song. YAY! It is so perfect. Do you know how blessed I am to be a part of this church, at such a time as this? It is truly so Jesus.

I miss my friend Jennilee. We have been talking online once and awhile and I can't WAIT for her to get here. Do you ever just get SO tired of the enemy and his lies and tactics towards those you love. Just FED UP!! That's how I feel. I'm sick of it. I believe so much for her and her freedom that Jesus has in store. YAY!

It's been so sunny these past couple of weeks and I am VERY thankful!!! During the night though, it freezes and the car is always frosted over in the morning... but once the day begins - it burns off and becomes SO nice out. Yesterdya we had Parkland Idol and I had to hit a golf ball to Chris. HORRIBLE. I can't even hit the ball!! *lol* Definitely brought up horrible memories from high school PE.

Alison comes back next week. I will get some pictures and share with you then. I took some on my regular camera. The purple flowered trees are blooming already!! And the water was AWESOME the other day. I just had to capture it.

Alright, I miss you. Blessings.

More later, k?
Bethany

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bunny! how long has it been since i said i'd e-mail you? i'm sorry......................... but i wanted to check up on you and see how life in WA is. i'm sorry to hear that your friends are going through such hard stuff right now, but i think you're right in just being a listening ear and sympathetic heart for them right now, as helpless as that feels. they're lucky to have you in their lives!
tessa

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home