Today in Tacoma - Bethany's blog and flickr-photos
To view photos, stop or speed up the slideshow - mouseover above and below the photos for more functionality!

I know I am unable to keep up with my blogging, but I hope you enjoy the photos... I love you.
Please feel free to email me at bleev@sunshineinmypocket.com or post a comment!

Monday, April 03, 2006

A beautiful Monday!

Well there were actually lots of clouds today but I am still thankful for a great day at Parkland Chevrolet. Haha! So today was my "first day" without Chris at the dealership. Things went fantastic! Can I tell you how much I love my job? I know, I know... I'm sure you are shocked that those words are coming out of my mouth especially with regards to PChevy. Really, I do like my job a LOT though!! Today I worked with a few of our outside vendors planning for our big sale in a few weeks!! It is the first "event" that I have put together and it seems to be going well. I am really excited about it!! I have really enjoyed meeting with all of our "people" and getting organized! It's fun to see things come together. Next week my friend and employee, Crystal will be joining my team and we will be working together. She will be taking over the Internet leads. Can I tell you how thankful I am for this girl? She is such a sweet gal and is so impressionable. Annnd - guys, all the people I am working with have been so helpful! Some people have specifically come up to me and offered all kinds of assistance and encouraging words. I am truly blessed. And my GM has been fabulous. He fully believes in me and thinks I've done a "damn" good job! haha!!!!

There have been some challenges. I find myself dealing with a familiar temptation of anxiety. Worrying about failing or being rejected at work. It's funny but last night I woke up to some crazy fears about something I forgot to do at work on Friday... And I sensed old feelings of being in school so afraid of failing or worrying about a test the next day. Not fun. I pray, in Jesus' name, that the fear would be silenced and I would move in peace, despite my circumstances... You can pray the same. That I would be confident in my God's goodness. I've also been a bit worried about not having Chris at work with me. Will I be okay by myself? Feelings of abandonment and not having anywhere to turn. Unsurprisingly though, Jesus has been so faithful and gave me a dream last night of encouragement - being surrounded by some great friends - even though they may not be there physically at the dealership with me.

Ohh!! I forgot... If you haven't heard, I am driving a Chevy Cobalt. It's like an "upgrade" from the Cavalier. It's four dour and silver. Sunroof, spoiler and leather seats. Very nice. It's such a gift from Jesus. He really has brought me out of so much and blessed me like crazy.

Tonight we have prayer at the church. We've been meeting daily to cry out to Jesus - asking for his heart. His heart for His people. Not because we deserve it but because he is worthy of everyone of us living righteously and full of his compassion. Jesus has been so faithful in meeting us. I love it. Last night we had church at the Pantages Theater... It was unbelievable. Filled. And Jesus was glorified. So many lives changed. I just love being here.

Alrighty, I think I may take a nap before church tonight. Blessings!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany, Wow! So much is going on in your life right now, but the Lord is giving you the eyes to see your need for peace in it all. It's wonderful that you've learned from the past and that you're calling out to Him to give you peace and no fear in this time of transition and leadership. You're going to be awesome in your new role. I'm so thrilled for you! You're right, Jesus is blessing you so much, and he loves to do it because you bring so much delight to Him!

8:04 PM  
Blogger  kim said...

Hey Bunny,
Thanks for the congrats on the baby!

Congratulations to you as well for your huge promotion! I'm so happy for you and am glad to hear that things are going well! God is so awesome!

Have a great day!

Blessings

10:47 AM  
Blogger ~Jodi~ said...

bunz! i miss ya too lots! I have been praying for your week and looking forward to hearing how things are going with your job and all that God is doing in blessing you as you seek Him in this exciting time! I'm so happy and proud of you! maybe we can catch each other this weekend :) no more vm tag!
love you lots
jods

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home