Today in Tacoma - Bethany's blog and flickr-photos
To view photos, stop or speed up the slideshow - mouseover above and below the photos for more functionality!

I know I am unable to keep up with my blogging, but I hope you enjoy the photos... I love you.
Please feel free to email me at bleev@sunshineinmypocket.com or post a comment!

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Country Music.

So my roommate introduced me to Rascal Flatts tonight... and there is this INCREDIBLE song that she shared with me... Like in a "freedom" sense - just declaring outloud the truth in people's lives, the blessings, fulfilled callings/dreams/passions, restoration in their lives... so I wanted to share it with YOU! I know it's addressed and sung by a man... (YES ALL YOU GENTLEMEN, SO dear to my heart are included) but also for my lovely lady friends too... Isn't it just great?

Lying here with you
I watch you while you sleep
The dawn is closing in
With every breath you breathe

I can feel the change
The change you've made in me
But will I ever see
All the things you see in me

When you say that I'm one of a kind
Baby, I don't see it but you believe
That I'm so strong and true, I promise you
I'll try to be that kind of man
Because you love me like I am


When it comes to love
I may not know the rules
But there’s one thing I know
My heart belongs to you, just you

Bridge
You show me you love me
With a fire that burns deep inside

- I am
I'll never understand
I don't think I'll ever understand
Why you love me
Why you love me just like I am


So yeah... Today was a good day at work - preparing mostly for Carvivor again... and I had a great conversation with Chris about church and how people get there and the Lord's work.... it was just so good... and today on the way to work... I thought, "OMIGOSH - I am in TACOMA, WASHINGTON! *BIG LAUGH*" It just struck me as so unbelievable... I DID IT!! I made it here... and I am here - and he IS doing and WANTS to DO such great things!! What a privilege to be here!! This BEAUTIFUL place - where I daily see the mountain - in the sun's rising or setting reflection... Where just a few blocks away is the ocean... and city life just up the interstate... SOOO AWESOME... Anyway, I have been learning a lot about faith these days - the women's retreat people put together this great packet for all of us to take and do for the next five weeks and then we're getting together again in November to debrief... This week the questions/practical was on initiating with women - and what holds us back in that... why do we often avoid those relationships... So good. OHH and Tricia is letting me borrow some of her cds - one is Rita Springer and we sing so many of her songs at church - it's SO good! makes me happy... and speaking of HAPPY... she has the Matthew West Happy cd!!! WEEHEEE!!

I love you more than the sun and the stars... that I taught how to shine and you shine for me to...

That's all tonight... again tomorrow alright?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home