Today in Tacoma - Bethany's blog and flickr-photos
To view photos, stop or speed up the slideshow - mouseover above and below the photos for more functionality!

I know I am unable to keep up with my blogging, but I hope you enjoy the photos... I love you.
Please feel free to email me at bleev@sunshineinmypocket.com or post a comment!

Thursday, March 10, 2005

holy, holy...

this morning i was driving to work listening to the nichole nordeman cd, woven and spun. i've listened to this cd so many times, but this time - one of the more popular songs, "Holy" jumped out at me... seemingly i heard these words for the first time...

And all you ever wanted...
Only me, on my knees
Singing holy, holy


Whoa. How often do I, as Nichole writes of her journies and striving to find God, pursuing more and more things in life and answers when all the Lord has asked for is for us to worship and live in thanksgiving toward him. So much grace as we struggle, fight and strain to find meaning, ourselves, God.

And all I have is gratitude to offer You

God, I need you!
I am realizing how much I need the Lord. I need him just to have a relationship with Him! I need God to be who he created to me, I need him to be a good friend, a good roommate, a daughter, a sister, a cousin. I am IN need. Jesus, I need.

No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. John 6:44

The other day as I was reading through the gospels, I stumbled across that verse... I need the Father to draw me to his Son. I cannot do it on my own. My flesh wants to run and rebel. There is NOTHING in me that wants to run to him - Except for the Holy Spirit. I need Jesus just to need him.

guys, it's a great week. i have been fighting off a cold - but i think i will be better very soon! and that's a good thing! because tomorrow starts the fun of the weekend! wwwheeee! and it seems that the sun will be shining tomorrow! YAY!!! i am SO excited!! amy comes in at 1:23 and then we're off to be tourists in seattle! be blessed my dear friends. i love you!

BGIRL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home