Today in Tacoma - Bethany's blog and flickr-photos
To view photos, stop or speed up the slideshow - mouseover above and below the photos for more functionality!

I know I am unable to keep up with my blogging, but I hope you enjoy the photos... I love you.
Please feel free to email me at bleev@sunshineinmypocket.com or post a comment!

Saturday, May 28, 2005

clogginess and friends....

good day!

it's a beautiful sunshiney day here in tacoma. there is a nice breeze and the sun is FANTABULOUS!!!!! (: I love it! Well, I'm still battling this cold. I have been pretending it doesn't exist for the day - got my room cleaned and laid out in the sun for awhile. it's been a great day. this evening i'm hanging out with some girls. we're going down to the waterfront for a picnic! i'll most definitely have to take some pictures.

today i had a great conversation with tiffani. i am still reading this book called future grace... and she is the one who told me about it... so we talked about the chapter on future grace vs. pride. it's so convicting to me. it was great to just dialogue about it...
The way to battle this arrogance is to yield to the sovereignty of God in all the details of life, and rest in his infallible promises to show himself mighty on our behalf (2 Chronicles 16:9), to pursue us with goodness and mercy every day (Psalm 23:6), to work for those who wait for him (Isaiah 64:4), and to supply us with all we need to live for his glory (Hebrews 13:21).
Just a few of the things I learned...

* Jesus is the one who will teach me how to live a life of humility. I can come to him as the source - and cry out for insight and understanding.
* All true knowing depends on God. Everything I have experienced - all gifts, all of life - is because of him.
* Self pity - or even walking in humility and "knowing it" can lead to pride. It all must point back to Jesus.
* Share any knowledge or insight the Lord has given you with another.
* How often do you drink a soda or milk or juice instead of drinking the 8 glasses of water that we need daily? Have your water near. Similarly, how often do we find our satisfaction in things other that Jesus. Have him near. Have truth close. Reach for the truth rather than the other things we find satisfaction in. Ask Tiffani about this analogy. It's great and straight from the Holy Spirit today.
* We learn to fight amidst a battle. When we ask God for help with soemthing such as pride, don't be surprised if the battle or temptations thicken. For he is giving you opportunity to choose him - to choose righteousness > This is character.
* Self sufficiency is so ironic. It's funny how when we live in independence and self-sufficiency we end up craving the praise of others. There is a void in self-sufficiency for we were never "design to satisfy [ourselves] or rely upon [ourselves].
* Don't speak your fears or anxiety. Speak the truth. Your actions must reveal your trust.
* Come up with a list of the things you struggle with - and daily ask the Lord to guard you, make you aware of when they rise. Really live in need of him - as if you will be dogged unless you cry out for protection and help first thing in the morning.

Anyway, those are just some thoughts. I'm really excited.

Alright, I think i am going to take a nap... (: Have a great weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tiffani P said...

I'm so blessed by you. Thanks for encouraging me with the things we talked about. You are a teachable woman of God, who will be used in mighty ways. I'm glad to know you! Love, Tiffani

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home