Saturday.
It's been a long day. This morning I woke up unable to fall back asleep at 8:00AM. Ugh. I had a good morning though. Caught up with some phone friends and got some good time with Jesus. It was nice to relax... I have been reading "No Compromise" by Keith Green. The entire book is ripping every piece of "religion" out of me. It's convicting and sometimes uncomfortable. Even though I am already 150 pages into the book, I feel like i'm just getting to the tip of what he experiences. I love his passion for intimacy with Jesus. He is marked by his sensitivity to the Spirit and I love his heart for hearing Jesus. His belief that this God wants to speak to him.
Recently I have thought a lot about hearing God speak... We have been studying the book, "Hearing God's Voice", in Jesus-Ministry and also entering into the practice of listening, asking and hearing God speak. I can't deny that he speaks. It is littered all over Scripture. But I have run into a few questions that I'd enjoy dialoguing. It amazes me how many people don't believe that God speaks to them... I agree with Rita Springer when she is confident that God speaks to her - because she knows she definitely wouldn't be speaking specific things about herself (when asking God to reveal who she is to him)... The funny thing is, I don't think I've ever realized how much God wants to be involved in our lives. Even funnier is, WHY wouldn't he!! He created me and thought and knows/knew everything about me before the beginning of time, why he remain hidden and silent throughout our lives.... Plus, like I said before, it's seriously on almost every page of scripture. Anyway... My question is... do we ever ask God and expect him to speak too much (put it above scripture even?)? I mean most answers (maybe not specifically) can be foudn in Scripture. Why not just live and fully believe what Scripture says is true and let that be enough. Why is that so difficult? On another note it is interesting how clear people in Scripture hear God's voice. It seems today the whole concept of God speak has become so distorted and manipulated... We've become afraid, taken control... Not to mention the lenses by which we sense things have become fogged over... By our own sin and Satan's lies/accusations... Anyway, it's something to think about...
I went to see Chris Tomlin tonight. We sang lots of fun worship songs. Seriously, he and Matt Redman have written almost every worship song EVER - it seems. (: We sang the Thursday song. Made me smile. Louie Giglio spoke and it was rockn'. He was talking about how indescribable the Lords love/identity is to us. If you haven't heard the song Indescribable, you should. Anyway, he was giving us examples of the universe. Showing us photos... I'm going to try and find some and show you... It made me think of how much I loveee that creation sings and constantly gives worship to God... Rita Springer talks about everything making noise unto the Lord and how when you dig to the center of the earth - a perfect b flat radiates. Crazy... Anyway, you have to see these pictures of some of the stars that he placed in the sky. It makes me want to spout out psalms - Oh if only I could worship or express His glory like that.... The end of the concert was so fabulous. We were all singing a hymn together... I had my eyes closed - and when the song ended - I opened them and the worship leaders were gone. No encore. Just gone. And that's how it ended. In worship - and our eyes/hearts fully on Jesus. I love it.
Recently I have thought a lot about hearing God speak... We have been studying the book, "Hearing God's Voice", in Jesus-Ministry and also entering into the practice of listening, asking and hearing God speak. I can't deny that he speaks. It is littered all over Scripture. But I have run into a few questions that I'd enjoy dialoguing. It amazes me how many people don't believe that God speaks to them... I agree with Rita Springer when she is confident that God speaks to her - because she knows she definitely wouldn't be speaking specific things about herself (when asking God to reveal who she is to him)... The funny thing is, I don't think I've ever realized how much God wants to be involved in our lives. Even funnier is, WHY wouldn't he!! He created me and thought and knows/knew everything about me before the beginning of time, why he remain hidden and silent throughout our lives.... Plus, like I said before, it's seriously on almost every page of scripture. Anyway... My question is... do we ever ask God and expect him to speak too much (put it above scripture even?)? I mean most answers (maybe not specifically) can be foudn in Scripture. Why not just live and fully believe what Scripture says is true and let that be enough. Why is that so difficult? On another note it is interesting how clear people in Scripture hear God's voice. It seems today the whole concept of God speak has become so distorted and manipulated... We've become afraid, taken control... Not to mention the lenses by which we sense things have become fogged over... By our own sin and Satan's lies/accusations... Anyway, it's something to think about...
I went to see Chris Tomlin tonight. We sang lots of fun worship songs. Seriously, he and Matt Redman have written almost every worship song EVER - it seems. (: We sang the Thursday song. Made me smile. Louie Giglio spoke and it was rockn'. He was talking about how indescribable the Lords love/identity is to us. If you haven't heard the song Indescribable, you should. Anyway, he was giving us examples of the universe. Showing us photos... I'm going to try and find some and show you... It made me think of how much I loveee that creation sings and constantly gives worship to God... Rita Springer talks about everything making noise unto the Lord and how when you dig to the center of the earth - a perfect b flat radiates. Crazy... Anyway, you have to see these pictures of some of the stars that he placed in the sky. It makes me want to spout out psalms - Oh if only I could worship or express His glory like that.... The end of the concert was so fabulous. We were all singing a hymn together... I had my eyes closed - and when the song ended - I opened them and the worship leaders were gone. No encore. Just gone. And that's how it ended. In worship - and our eyes/hearts fully on Jesus. I love it.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home