Today in Tacoma - Bethany's blog and flickr-photos
To view photos, stop or speed up the slideshow - mouseover above and below the photos for more functionality!

I know I am unable to keep up with my blogging, but I hope you enjoy the photos... I love you.
Please feel free to email me at bleev@sunshineinmypocket.com or post a comment!

Monday, May 30, 2005

can you hear me now?

maybe today that would be better phrased, "i can't hear you now!" (: i've got some ear cloggage going on today. :p ugh. not very fun that's for sure... so i think i've slept more in the past couple of days than i have in a longggg time. i so needed it though. i have got this crazy cold going on. this morning, i definitely feel rested but still sick. at least not as bad as yesterday. i can't hear very well and my sinuses still feel all backed up. gross. at least my throat doesn't hurt too bad! wooohooo. praise jesus.

okay so yesterday i had a lot of time in bed - just reading... i got to read another chapter in my future grace book. WHOA mama. it is SOOOO good. you've got to get it. it was about how jesus fulfills all the promises God made in the past and also is what we bank on for future grace.

Read this...
One of the most amazing and wonderful statements of this truth goes like this: "As many as may be the promises of God, in Him they are yes." (2 Cor 1.20). Let's savor this extraordinary truth for a moment.

The question God is asking us in this text is this: "Are you living in the fullest enjoyment of My Yes to all my promises?" Or to put it another way, "have you said yes to all the future grace of God's Yes to you in Christ? is there any of God's Yes to you to which you are saying, "No," or "Maybe" or "Not now...?" This text begs for immediate and radical response. It calls us to cry out to God, "I consecrate myself to forsake the 'No' and the 'Maybe' and the 'Not now' of my unbelief. And I say 'Yes' to every future grace of every promise in your Yes to me."
He goes on to talk about Paul's heart toward the Corinthians... and it makes me question my heart towards others...
What he says in 2 Cor. 1 verses 17-18 is... In other words, my planning and my preaching are not fickle; they are not double-minded. They are unified; they are Yes to you. I live for your good. I am for you and not against you. My life and ministry are a resounding Yes to your joy! Yes to your holiness! Yes to your faith and hope and love and peace and power!
Oh gosh.... there is so much more to share... You must read this book. Future Grace by John Piper. SO good.

I also got to read some stories about people who were humbled because of their pride... for they found satisfaction in their own wisdom and might rather than in the Lord... Check out the Assyrians in Isaiah 10 and King Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel.... Lord humble my heart quickly that I might not wander too far and end up eating grass...

I also had the chance to do some reading in Mere Christianity... a quick read and mind engaging... Although I feel like my brain somewhat floated through it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home