Hellooooo from MinnesOHta!
Hi dearies...
Well the clock currently reads 11:41PM here in Prior Lake, MN. That's just outside the Twin Cities in case you are wondering. It was a GREAT flight across our nation this afternoon. I was a little worried about the security due to the craziness there in London - but I made it. PHEW! So I had a FAB time on the plane. I totally read the rest of "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" book. It was pretty good. I felt like it was pretty short compared to the movie. I guess there is just a lot more that you can do in a couple hours of screen time than in a 200 page book. Anyway I loved it. I actually found myself in each of the girls shoes. Not that I have experienced all that Tibby, Carmen, Lena and Bridget... but I definitely know some of the intensity of what they are going through... The struggles, learning how to love, learning to step out and take a risk, family drama, discovering yourself and others. It's pretty cool. I like it.
Anyway, today was just a half day at work. SO NICE. I have been thinking about PChevy being the place to be lately - and I am SO blessed to be able to work with Alison and Chris. They are absolutely amazing. The more Chris has the opportunity to preach on Sundays, the more I get a glimpse of what an amazing man who loves Jesus is. Seriously, I think I want to marry a preacher. I just get SO excited - and I think about talking to my husband about his sermons and what the Lord has spoken to him to share... and maybe that can be, even if he is not a preacher. Anyway, it sure does stir my heart and make me excited to have a significant other. Then there's my dear friend Alison. I love her SO much. What I love about her is how real she is. She was telling someone over the phone the other day that she is all about details - and she IS! I LOVEEEE hearing what is going on in her life - she so freely shares about the good and the bad and the boys (: *laugh* It's a blast. And she teaches me so much. How to live with Jesus in control. Love it!! And she's such a good friend. I feel like I can tell her anything - and she loves me so unconditionally. I am blessed.
So what else... On the real deal side of things - New Song is moving into the First Baptist church - which, I'll have to show you pictures of! I took some the other night. They had a cleaning/painting party a few times this week and it was a blast! It's so great to fellowship while serving. Guys, this church is magnificent - Seriously it's like a theater on the inside! I can't believe we get to move in - in just a couple weeks!! WOOHOO! I talked to Peter the other night while I was there too. It has been a little awkward since our "date"/hangout - but it was fun the other day - just being able to talk and get to know one another more. It's a challenge and refining learning how to just be friends and get to know each other - and what is appropriate steps in learning about someone of the opposite sex. Not that there are all these rules or standards - but you know - *shrug* All that to say, that it was fun talking and being silly the other night. Really and truly, he and his roommie Shane - they're great guys. I am just SO excited to be hanging with guys who are and have been walking in understanding and experiencing freedom. It's amazing - the lack of fear, the boldness, the drop of a hat servanthood, the compassion, the joy, the significance. It's FABULOUS!!
So Saturday is the big day. Haley is getting married. Crazy huh. I don't think I thought it would be her next. It's going to be interesting and I pray for such blessings. I feel a little unprepared and think I need to spend some extra time in prayer about the whole deal - just personally and then on behalf of everything/everyone. Please feel free to ask Jesus on my behalf as well - while I am here. Oh another thing - I am staying at my brother's tonight - and may have to again on Sunday - it's literally a war zone here. Please pray for peace. For truth to reign. For, in Jesus name - Greater is He who is within me than the one who is in the world - and that includes this house.
Hey, have you guys seen the trailer for the new Narnia movie? You really need to check it out if you haven't... www.narnia.com. I am super excited for it to come out...
Alright... I think I need to spend some time with Jesus now before I go to bed... Hey........... I miss you! I love you guys. Be blessed.
BGIRL.
Well the clock currently reads 11:41PM here in Prior Lake, MN. That's just outside the Twin Cities in case you are wondering. It was a GREAT flight across our nation this afternoon. I was a little worried about the security due to the craziness there in London - but I made it. PHEW! So I had a FAB time on the plane. I totally read the rest of "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" book. It was pretty good. I felt like it was pretty short compared to the movie. I guess there is just a lot more that you can do in a couple hours of screen time than in a 200 page book. Anyway I loved it. I actually found myself in each of the girls shoes. Not that I have experienced all that Tibby, Carmen, Lena and Bridget... but I definitely know some of the intensity of what they are going through... The struggles, learning how to love, learning to step out and take a risk, family drama, discovering yourself and others. It's pretty cool. I like it.
Anyway, today was just a half day at work. SO NICE. I have been thinking about PChevy being the place to be lately - and I am SO blessed to be able to work with Alison and Chris. They are absolutely amazing. The more Chris has the opportunity to preach on Sundays, the more I get a glimpse of what an amazing man who loves Jesus is. Seriously, I think I want to marry a preacher. I just get SO excited - and I think about talking to my husband about his sermons and what the Lord has spoken to him to share... and maybe that can be, even if he is not a preacher. Anyway, it sure does stir my heart and make me excited to have a significant other. Then there's my dear friend Alison. I love her SO much. What I love about her is how real she is. She was telling someone over the phone the other day that she is all about details - and she IS! I LOVEEEE hearing what is going on in her life - she so freely shares about the good and the bad and the boys (: *laugh* It's a blast. And she teaches me so much. How to live with Jesus in control. Love it!! And she's such a good friend. I feel like I can tell her anything - and she loves me so unconditionally. I am blessed.
So what else... On the real deal side of things - New Song is moving into the First Baptist church - which, I'll have to show you pictures of! I took some the other night. They had a cleaning/painting party a few times this week and it was a blast! It's so great to fellowship while serving. Guys, this church is magnificent - Seriously it's like a theater on the inside! I can't believe we get to move in - in just a couple weeks!! WOOHOO! I talked to Peter the other night while I was there too. It has been a little awkward since our "date"/hangout - but it was fun the other day - just being able to talk and get to know one another more. It's a challenge and refining learning how to just be friends and get to know each other - and what is appropriate steps in learning about someone of the opposite sex. Not that there are all these rules or standards - but you know - *shrug* All that to say, that it was fun talking and being silly the other night. Really and truly, he and his roommie Shane - they're great guys. I am just SO excited to be hanging with guys who are and have been walking in understanding and experiencing freedom. It's amazing - the lack of fear, the boldness, the drop of a hat servanthood, the compassion, the joy, the significance. It's FABULOUS!!
So Saturday is the big day. Haley is getting married. Crazy huh. I don't think I thought it would be her next. It's going to be interesting and I pray for such blessings. I feel a little unprepared and think I need to spend some extra time in prayer about the whole deal - just personally and then on behalf of everything/everyone. Please feel free to ask Jesus on my behalf as well - while I am here. Oh another thing - I am staying at my brother's tonight - and may have to again on Sunday - it's literally a war zone here. Please pray for peace. For truth to reign. For, in Jesus name - Greater is He who is within me than the one who is in the world - and that includes this house.
Hey, have you guys seen the trailer for the new Narnia movie? You really need to check it out if you haven't... www.narnia.com. I am super excited for it to come out...
Alright... I think I need to spend some time with Jesus now before I go to bed... Hey........... I miss you! I love you guys. Be blessed.
BGIRL.
4 Comments:
Bunny - I love reading your blog. You are so passionate and open! I love that :) I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers, especially this weekend. I kind of know the feeling of what you are dealing with. I pray that God will give you peace, directions, words, love, and forgiveness. Walk in Him, Bunny like you always do! You show such an amazing example of God's unconditional love.
Be blessed.
I'll be praying for your time in MN - just remember that you are FREE in Christ. He has loosed you from all that "stuff." Yes, you may have to deal with it while you're there, but that doesn't mean you have to get sucked back in. Stick close to Him. I'll be praying that you'll be blessed in ways that surprise you!
Oh roommate! How I miss you!!! I can't believe Haley is getting married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I pray that the Lord will TOTALLY pour out blessings and love on her and her new family!!! The Lord works ALL things together for the good of those who love him! Stand on that truth! He's active, He's in control! I'll also be praying for your time in MN. The Lord has equipped you for so much, and I have full confidence that you are just radiating Christ to those around you! I love you friend! BE BLESSED!!!!
I just echo what everyone else has already said bunz, in that i'm praying for you and thinking of you and your whole family in this time! I was thinking today when i left you a vm, I was like whoa i think this is haley's wedding weekend,--man it seems it's come up so fast!
I love you and know you are such a light to your family and truly pray that this will be a time of blessing, and peace and that God will just surround you with His comfort and strength to be a light and filled with His joy despite what circumstances may be around you there. You are so full of sunshine , such joy for the Lord that it just makes me smile b/c i know God has great things for you bunz ! You are so giving of yourself and filled with such a passionate desire to live fully for Him and it sure shows.
I love you dear friend and miss you so much! talk to you soon
jodi
Post a Comment
<< Home