Today in Tacoma - Bethany's blog and flickr-photos
To view photos, stop or speed up the slideshow - mouseover above and below the photos for more functionality!

I know I am unable to keep up with my blogging, but I hope you enjoy the photos... I love you.
Please feel free to email me at bleev@sunshineinmypocket.com or post a comment!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Happy 4th (late)

Hi dearies!

It's another new day here at Parkland Chevrolet. (: Guys, I am SO excited and have lots of different fun things to share.

My friend Janelle came to know Jesus on Sunday!! WOOOHOOO... We met last week at church - she was in the AA meeting in a room next door... and after a short conversation in the bathroom she agreed to come back this week - Well she did and experienced an awesome service... She grew up Buddhist and so hadn't ever really experienced any churchiness or Christianity at all. Very interesting. After some conversation on Sunday, my friend Hannah and I told her about Jesus - and she prayed!! WOOOHOO!! I'm SO excited.

Oh we had such a fun fourth of July - down at Wright park and then on the waterfront. It was such a relaxing day. So much got done and then such great fellowship! Amy and I had some great conversation with our friend Jaime - It's so cool that we are adopted and that we all love Jesus. I LOVE it. (:

Oh Hannah - so we had SUCH a fun weekend together. Jesus really blessed our friendship this weekend... just having such good conversation about boys and rejection and significance in Jesus and emotions - It was very healing - and just so encouraging - from both sides - I love her so much - and then SUCH a gift to pray with Janelle on Sunday. WOW.

Children's Ministry!! Guess what - Today I was able (with some help) to work with SDS - the software we're going to be using for the children's ministry! I'm SOOOOO excited. It's going to be awesome! SOOOOO good for it. I can't wait to see. Basically we'll be keeping track of the children and be able to take attendance, and have demographical information kept electronically. SO good.

Hey, we're moving downtown FURTHER - for newsong! It is going to be awesome. Read this little synopsis I found online...
First Baptist Church, an historic American Baptist congregation, was founded in 1883 and since then has occupied the same parcel of land at 9th and Markets Streets in downtown Tacoma. Its “golden age” occurred in 1920-1930. The current facility, seating 900, was built then to accommodate the membership of 3,000.

Since a church split in 1932, the congregation has experienced a wide range of theological leadership styles. A slide toward smaller attendance has continued unabated until recently, however. In 1979, the congregation made a conscious decision not to leave the downtown core. Convinced of the importance of their urban mission, they have stayed the course, maintained the building, and sustained a notable outreach program.

By 2000, the nature of the downtown community had greatly altered. A homeless population had developed, a new University of Washington campus is springing up, and apartment and retirement facilities are growing up around the church. The renovated Theater District is a block away and the new Tacoma Art Museum and the Glass Museum are less than a mile away.
Pretty cool, huh?!

Anyway, it's going to be awesome. I'll have to take some pictures tomorrow! Until then.

Peace.
B.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Very cool on Janelle coming to Jesus! That's awesome! Loved the wedding pics, btw...always fun to see pics like that even when you don't know the people!

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home